- Product name : Melanotan 2
- Sequence: Ac-Nle-cyclo[Asp-His-D-Phe-Arg-Trp-Lys]-NH2
- Alias : Melanotan II, 7)-lactam, Ac-Nle-Asp-His-D-Phe-Arg-Trp-Lys-NH2;
- Molecular formula: C50H69N15O9
- MW : 1024.180
- Purity : 99%
- CAS: 121062-08-6
- Melanotan 2 Structural Name: Ac-cyclo[Nle4, Asp5, D-Phe7, Lys10]α-MSH4-10-NH2
- Appearance : Freeze dry powder,White Powder
- Storage: Closed, below 2 ~ 8℃ preservation
- Usage : Melanotan 2 has been shown in studies to exhibit appetite suppressant, lipolytic, and libido-enhancing effects in addition to promoting skin tanning. Melanotan 2 has been researched extensively for use in protecting against the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation from sunlight due to its melanogenesis-stimulating properties.
Melanotan 2 introduction:
- Melanotan 2 (also referred to as Melanotan II) is a synthetically produced variant of a peptide hormone naturally produced in the body that stimulates melanogenesis, a process responsible for pigmentation of the skin.Melanotan II, a drug originally developed as a skin tanning agent, but subsequently investigated as a potential treatment for sexual dysfunction.
- This peptide hormone, called alpha-Melanocyte stimulating hormone or MSH, activates certain melanocortin receptors in the process of exerting its effects. Indeed, MSH also exerts potent influence over lipid metabolism, appetite, and sexual libido via these melanocortin receptors.
- As a result, Melanotan 2 has been shown in studies to exhibit appetite suppressant, lipolytic, and libido-enhancing effects in addition to promoting skin tanning. Melanotan 2 has been researched extensively for use in protecting against the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation from sunlight due to its melanogenesis-stimulating properties.
- Additionally, Melanotan 2 and a similar synthetically produced variant, known as PT-141, have been studied at length as a potential remedy for the treatment of sexual dysfunction; specifically, male erectile dysfunction.
A few synthetic analogues of α-MSH have been investigated for their apparent photoprotective effects against ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun, namely Melanotan (afamelanotide) and Melanotan II, referred to as Melanotan 2. Bremelanotide, another analogue of α-MSH similar to Melanotan 2, is currently under development for the treatment of sexual dysfunction. All of these melanotan peptides have significantly greater potencies than α-MSH, but with distinctive selectivity peptide profiles.
Want to know more?(feel free to contact us)