Proscar Finasteride powder 98319-26-7 for Hair Regrowth Medical Grade
1. Product name : Finasteride
2. Model NO : 98319-26-7
3. CAS : 98319-26-7
4. Synonyms : Proscar
5. Molecular formula : C23H36N2O2
6. Molecular weight : 372.54
7. Assay: 99% min
8. Appearance : White crystalline powder
Finasteride description :
1. Propecia (finasteride) is used to treat male pattern baldness (androgenic alopecia) in men. Oral use though will reduce DHT levels systemically, which may adversely affect training and sex drive. It is also used in combination with doxazosin in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
2. Finasteride is an orally active testosterone Type II 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, inhibiting the enzyme that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Topically (on the scalp itself) it is of some effect in minimizing further hair loss. In combination with Nizoral and spironolactone (which smells awful, by the way) it can actually reverse loss moderately.
3. For use in cycles with testosterone, I don’t think it is bad at all. One simply doesn’t want less DHT than normal. As the amount of testosterone in the system increases, the amount of finasteride needed to keep levels down to normal increases. I consider 5 mg/day reasonable at the gram per week level, and proportionally less at lower dosages of testosterone.
How does finasteride work?
Finasteride works by inhibiting type II 5-alpha reductase, the enzyme that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This converted form of testosterone stimulates development of the penis, testes and scrotum, as well as other male sexual characteristics such as body hair and pubic hair. DHT also promotes growth of the prostate.
Fuction of Finasteride (Proscar) :
1. Finasteride is used to shrink an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia orBPH) in adult men. It may be used alone or taken in combination with othermedications to reduce symptoms of BPH and may also reduce the need for surgery.
2. Finasteride may improve symptoms of BPH and provide benefits such as decreased urge to urinate, better urine flow with less straining, less of a feeling that the bladder is not completely emptied, and decreased nighttime urination. This medication works by decreasing the amount of a natural body hormone (DHT) that causes growth of theprostate.
What is the Standard Dose of Finasteride?
1. The standard dose of finasteride to treat male pattern baldness is one 1 mg tablet every day. This has been shown to produce results in the majority of men suffering from hair loss. Treatment for female pattern baldness or hirsutism often requires a standard dose. This is usually between one 1. 25 mg tablet per day and one 2. 5 mg tablet a day.
2. When used to treat the enlargement of the prostate finasteride is prescribed in much stronger doses. This is normally one 5 mg tablet per day. This will be the dose if you require treatment for an enlarged prostate as well as treatment for hair loss. In this situation, you should not take more than 5 mg a day unless told to by your doctor.
3. These dosages are the standard dose but should not be used as an alternative to medical advice. Not everyone responds to medication in the same way and it may be that you require a lesser or stronger dose. To get the correct dose of finasteride for your body and your condition it is imperative that you seek medical advice.
What Should I Do if I Miss or Repeat a Dose of Finasteride?
1. If you miss a dose of finasteride and do not notice until it is time to take your next dose you should never double up on the tablets. Missing one dose is unlikely to have an effect on your treatment and you should skip the one missed dose. If you get into the habit of regularly missing doses of finasteride, you should speak to your doctor about a better system or treatment for you.
2. If you overdose on finasteride by taking an extra dose, you should seek medical advice immediately. Although it is unlikely that you will suffer from life- threatening symptoms after overdosing on finasteride, this is not certain. Everyone reacts differently to medication and overdosing can be more serious in some than it is in others.
Want to know more?(feel free to contact us)